Thursday, January 17, 2008

How could this happen?

I got back from lunch today and ran into a co-worker in the hall outside our offices. Our system had been down in the morning and she had helped out with some data entry for one of my projects, so I stopped to chit chat and say thanks. When she turned to walk away I noticed something sticking to her back. She had on two shirts - the top one was sort of a crotchet over-shirt, so had lots of holes in it. The object was long and white, and was stuck to the top shirt near her shoulder blade.

I called her back over and said "You've got something stuck to your back...I think it's a pen." It wasn't a pen. It was a CIGARETTE! We both then sort of awkwardly went on our way as she said "I have no idea how that could have happened."

I can't think of one single reasonable scenario that would result in a cigarette getting stuck on anyones back. What did she do on her break? Now every time we pass in the hall I'm going to be scanning her for runaway cigarettes...

-eec

No comments: