Monday, January 14, 2008

The Reconciliation

We have not been at "6100 Pacific" for a couple weeks now. It is nice...as previously posted, we are enjoying the luxuries of being at the home office - shorter days, no real work to speak of, and a sweet break room.

We are totally missing out on the normal gossip that we might be exposed to at 6100. Well, I was fortunate enough to report to 6100 this morning. It is quiet, at least quieter than it used to be and that might be the fact that many of us are back at Rainwater.

I was at my desk for about 10 minutes when I heard a familar voice over the cube wall. "This is T on the bridge..."

Oh, wow. "This could be good" I thought to myself.

"Yes. Things are going pretty good."

What I heard next far exceeded any expectations that I might have had...

"Yep, going to a trainer is the way to go."

Like many of T's conversations, this one started slow and then quickly caught my attention. Then, digresses to a, well, what some may consider, a conversation that is not appropriate for a professional setting.

"My wife and I have been going to a trainer. We are getting back together. The "Divorce Diet" really takes off the weight. I lost 57 pounds since last August."

WTF? Back togeter??!

"My wife lost a bunch too - went from a size 12 to 0. And, she is 5'8""

And, to refresh your memory, T's new wife (actually, his old wife) has now been married eight times to three different men.

No comments: